I hope everyone is having a good morning! Today we are glad that SunBlogNuke v5.3 is available for free upgrade.
In this building, we continued to embrace Social Networking features with providing "post to Facebook" option in the edit post panel so that you can update the post status in your Facebook feed easily. More exciting is that we implemented a new extension called "SyncJournal", which support to update the blog post/comment to new journal module in DNN 6.2 and you can refer to this tutorial how to apply it. And as we promised in the old posts, we did have plan to utilize lots of core APIs & awesome features introduced from DNN5+ & DNN6 - we decided to include sitemap provider into the core framework this version. Due to this upgrade, it will require min dnn version dnn 5.3.1.
As usual, we collected clients' feedback and requests from our forum – in the building we finally tried to implement the enhanced version of core "Content Slider Widget" and called it "Content Slider Plus", which initially implemented multiple blogs & categories support and highly customizable with lots of popular slider effects. You just have to configure it with UI, some attractive slider with blog posts will be there at once. Take a look at how it action in the bottom of feature page.
Major Highlights in v5.3:
Min dnn version required: dnn 5.3.1
- ENH - Implemented a new extension called "SyncJournal", which support to update the blog post/comment to new journal module in DNN 6.2 and you can download it in our extensions directory
- ENH - Included blog sitemap provider in the core framework.
- ENH - Enhanced blog theme with the ability to include "script.js" in customized theme folder.
- ENH - Added 'post to Facebook' button in the edit post panel so that you can update the post status in your Facebook feed easily.
- ENH - Supported multiple blogs & categories in Content Slider Plus, which is the enhanced version of core "Content Slider Widget".
- FIX - import/export bug & supported meta description with NULL - invisible in the tag view.
- FIX - enableEventValidation issue with custom field in the edit post panel.
- FIX - Updated assembly 'CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.dll'.
- FIX - Removed assembly 'Recaptcha.dll' because it may be conflicted with other modules also applied with this assembly.
- Lots of other small fixes
The complete details for all of the changes can be found in the Release Notes.
You can get it here. Blog your way and enjoy life. :)
The SunBlogNuke Team
One of our dnn module products - CommentsPlus is becoming more popular in the dnn environment recently but lots of clients requested more features. And one raised frequently is that it should be built with generic built-in comment system for DotNetNuke website but right now it just integrated with 3rd party comment engines, such as Disqus or Facebook comments. We would like to say sorry for all the clients if it made you confused even this awesome feature included in our roadmap. Meanwhile we will try our best to implement it as built-in comments for dnn as we promised. FYI, in future we will also integrated Google+ comments if it is available :)
Now I just would like to complete the tutorial for Facebook comments integration. Actually the configuration process is similar with Disqus section (Take a look at it if you are not familiar with this process):
1) Enter the configure panel with the left-top action menu of current comments+ module.
2) Switch to Facebook comments with checking the option [Comment type] as "Facebook". Those options are so self-explained and easily configured;plus some notes below":
- Application Key: it is "API Key" generated by your own application and requires you create it in the Facebook developer. And please refer to this recourse - How to get Facebook Api key.
- Identifier key: It is part of the thread identifier key and will append to the "Identifier prefix" in the Disqus thread. In common letting it blank is all right. Meanwhile, it is more useful to integrate Comments+ with other 3rd party modules, for example, when integrating dnn core blog module you can fill in the query parameter "entryid" as the Identifier key, it will check out the query parameter in the load process. If not exist, the comment system will not show. So just visiting the post detail, the comments+ will work as expected.
3) Click "Update" to save the settings.
Congratulations. Now the Facebook comments system will work like a charm. :)
If you need any help or question please feel free to leave your advice or comments.
If you are focusing on our dnn products, you should know this new awesome module - comments+. We would like to make it as the cross-module & highlight comments solution based on DotNetNuke platform, in other word, it will be a universal comments/voting system to be integrated with across multiple different modules on a dnn site. Until now, this module allows you to very easily build generic comments and add the popular comments engine, such as Disqus & Facebook comments, in any page on your DotNetNuke website, and also attach it to a specific module on the page. Let us go through the super features in Comments+.
As Facebook is the leading global social networking website, you are able to increase your web presence by leveraging the power of the social graph. Today we released a new extension called 'OpenGraph', which allows you easily integrate Ultimate DNN Blog Module - SunBlogNuke and the Facebook’s open social graph. If you are familiar with our blogging product, you may ever apply the way mentioned in the older tutorial - Facebook Like Button Making Your DNN Blog more Attractive. From v4.7, the 'OpenGraph' extension will be better choice for this extended requirement.
As we promised ever, we are trying to build an enhanced and ultimate publishing tool on the DotNetNuke(DNN) platform with a focus on simplicity, ease of extendibility, web standards and usability. We hope that you can build what you would like to with more flexibility and extendibility and the WordPress-level blogging engine is our target until now. Today I would like share you how to add Facebook like button into your dnn website with Ultimate Blog Module – SunBlogNuke plus integrate with Facebook OpenGraph meta .