Finally the SunBlogNuke 6.0 is available to free upgrade today and it will be first version of next generation blog optimized for DNN6 & DNN7. In this building we fixed some critical issues, including daylight savings time issue with removing timezone option and Windows Azure Cloud Compatibility; plus implemented lots of enhancements, such as feature related posts with thumbnail and posts migration between blog instances in the same portal/website.
And next we will focus more attentions on mobile devices, including responsible theme and App to manage blog posts/comments. Now we are trying to find professional designer, if you are interested in our blogging/article module or familiar with DNN skin design, you can contact us and help us design better theme with HTML5.
Major Highlights in v6.0:
Min DotNetNuke version required: v6.0.0
- ENH - supported to feature related posts with thumbnails.
- ENH - implemented posts migration between blog instances in the same portal/website.
- ENH - compatible with Windows Azure Cloud.
- ENH - supported embed slideshow with optional extension "FancyGallery".
- ENH - supported "subscription management" panel and notification for blog owners/website admin about subscription changed, such as subscribed or unsubscribed.
- FIX - thumbnail issue with png transparent.
- FIX - daylight savings time issue with removing timezone option.
- FIX - always exception occurred when saving blog settings.
- FIX - meta description with html entities like '& ;' etc.
- FIX - trackback bug not based on blog settings.
- FIX - 'keywords' issue in the tag view and resolved it as "NOINDEX, FOLLOW".
- FIX - comments with HTML tags.
- FIX - resolved the upload button of post thumbnail not clickable.
NOTE: from v6.0 the SunBlogNuke will begin to not support DotNetNuke 5.x any more because it will utilize core APIs introduced from DNN6+, such as daylight savings time. If you are still using the dnn5, you don’t have to be worry about it because we will also maintain independent branch of the older version 5.8.x, which will always be compatible with dnn5 and may be updated with fixes without new features any more.
You can get it here. We hope that with this generation dnn blog module you can enjoy the blog writing and it will make your life better; plus if you have any good advice about our products, please feel free to leave a comment or contact us.
The SunBlogNuke Team
jQuery sliders have been spotted to be commonly used in lots of website to display the images/contents in different impressive ways. Since apart from showing large amount of core site content in a limited space on a website, any jQuery slider also has a great capability to engage the viewers and trigger their interest towards what is being shown to them. In the DNN platform, it’s also a very popular functional widget and there are lots of slider modules for sale in the snowcovered.com. In my opinion, those modules have the vital disadvantage that they are built with static contents and independent with any content publishing tool. In the end you have to modify them one by one if you want to make it look more dynamic. Now we would like to share the alternative useful tool with building neat, elegant and versatile site components with dynamic effects. Yes, that is the Content Slider Widget(CSW) for Ultimate DNN Blog Module – SunBlogNuke.
With the help of jQuery & CSW, you will be able to create any super content sliders with your dnn blog posts. So if you’ve been wondering how jQuery content sliders are accomplished and want to try implementing some of them on your DotNetNuke website, here this tutorial will help you with that. Today we just showcase the amazing slide thumb on how to make viewing images or other site content more comforting and intuitive. Take a look at how the slide thumbs actions – demo link. Then let’s go ahead.