From the monthly archives: November, 2010
We are pleased to present below all posts archived in 'November, 2010'. If you still can't find what you are looking for, try using the search box.
Today we are glad that the release candidate version 4.0 for Ultimate DotNetNuke blog module - SunBlogNuke is available for free upgrade finally. In this building we had taken lots of attentions on "Refactor". With refactor it will be able to extend more features easily. Plus, we make it stay flexible by reducing obstacles to changes so that you will respond to customers' requirements quickly. We hope that it will be the kind of beautiful, elegant and productive software. Also it includes some awesome features, like integration with Google reCAPTCHA, support for Vote Up/Vote Down and new theme configure process with providing thumbnail and preview feature. As usual, the complete details for all of the changes can be found in the Release Notes.
Major Highlights in v4.0:
- ENH - Refactored theme configure process with providing thumbnail and preview feature.
- ENH - Extended thumbnail feature when editing post.
- ENH - Split "TagCloud Widget" into an optional module so that you can add it into any page at any time and point it to any blog on the portal.
- ENH - Converted old url with new "year/x/month/x" format in the monthly archive.
- ENH - Added new option for coping any existing blog settings when creating new blog, so don't have to go through and do all of it manually every time.
- ENH - New rule with no captcha for post author.
- ENH - Integrated with Google reCAPTCHA
- ENH - Implemented new Vote Up/Vote Down feature.
- ENH - Released new themes - eNews theme with supporting thumbnail view.
- FIX - Journal entry in the Active Social not posted when publishing draft.
- Lots of fixes & enhancements.
As with any release, we recommend you perform a complete file and database backup before performing any upgrade on a production website and that you first conduct a trial upgrade on a staging version of the site. Following these guidelines will ensure that you are able to recover should any unforeseen problems arise during the upgrade process.
Note that some issues may occur in the upgrade process if you've developed your customized theme. Please refer to the tutorial - Must-Read Note for SunBlogNuke v4.0 and follow the instructions. Hope it makes sense.
You can get it here. Enjoy blogging and good writing! :)
The SunBlogNuke Team
As you know, the Ultimate DNN Blog Module - SunBlogNuke v4.0 will be available to download for free upgrade. In this building we took more attentions on "Refactor". With refactor you will be able to extend more features easily. However, if you would like to upgrade it and also you ever developed any customized theme or did some customizations, you MUST modify all view files lightly, including BasicView.ascx, DetailView.ascx, CommentView.ascx, TagsView.ascx, SearchView.ascx, and PrintView.ascx. Otherwise the "Event Viewer" of your dnn website will be filled with lots of errors, like "Could not load type 'SunBlogNuke.Framework.PostViewBase'.". Actually that task will be so easy that just follow some simple following steps.
Read the rest of entry »
That is a brief buzz for our development team recently.
We are glad to tell you that our product is in active development and we are moving on as planned. Our guys are trying to enhance the Ultimate DNN Blog Module - SunBlogNuke and provide you the working and valuable product. In this stage we are focusing on the next building v4.0 in which we took more attentions on "Refactor". With refactor you will be able to extend more features easily. Plus, we make it stay flexible by reducing obstacles to changes so that you will respond to customers' requirements quickly. We hope that it will be the kind of beautiful, elegant and productive software.
BTW, also it will include some awesome features, like integration with Google reCAPTCHA, support for Vote Up/Vote Down and new theme configure process with providing thumbnail and preview feature. Please stay tune and it will be available to download. :). Well. have a quick look at the screenshot about new theme configure panel:
And we are looking forwards to your feedback. We know that the more feedback we get from our clients, the better our product will be and also we will know which areas require attentions next. So please tell us what you want most or leave your comment below if you are interested in Ultimate DNN Blog Module – SunBlogNuke. Thanks a lot.
Today we upgraded our blogging platform website with DNN Core Forum v5.0 and the latest Ultimate DNN Blog Module – SunBlogNuke v3.8.2. Until now everything works well. The new forum module includes more better SEO options available following best practices and integrated with more awesome core features like Taxonomy Integration and Core Profile Photo Integration. New Blue Theme is VERY excellent too. You can find more exciting features in the links - Forum 5.0 on DotNetNuke.com and http://dnnforum.codeplex.com/releases/view/53503
Also you may have a look at the release note about SunBlogNuke v3.8.2:
- ENH - Added new token [BIO] in the entity Author.
- ENH - Integrated with Active Social Journals.
- ENH - Provided more handy parameters in Rss Feed, including "item"(Limiting items number) and "excerpt"(Whether including excerpt when activating "Full Show in Rss Feed").
- FIX - Avatar broken when integrated with dnn core profile.
- FIX - Rss Feed ignore "items max" option and always returning all posts.
- Other small fixes & customizations.
As usual, the complete details for all of the changes can be found in the Release Notes.
Enjoy Blogging and Writing. :)