Happy new year for everyone!
We hope you have been enjoying a happy, healthy holiday season and are looking forward to a prosperous year in 2011!
Today we are glad that the release v4.2 of Ultimate DNN blog module – SunBlogNuke is available for free upgrade. This release contains a new awesome features with the high priority – Custom Fields (please refer to the post for more details and some guidelines to get started - Extend DNN Blog With Custom Fields), as well as some great enhancements, such as enhanced tag url with SEO and enhanced Content Slider Widget with external utility scripts and styles, like NivoSlider or bxSlider, with which to build your awesome content slider. In the mean time, we converted "Category Widget" into an optional module, which you can add into any page at any time and point it to any blog on the portal. Soon the enhanced widget framework will be done and you will also easily develop your extended widget into your DotNetNuke blog. Please stay tuned :).
As usual, the complete details for all of the changes can be found in the Release Notes.
Major Highlights in v4.2:
- ENH - Enhanced Content Slider Widget with external utility scripts and styles, like NivoSlider or bxSlider, with which to build your awesome content slider.
- ENH - Supported custom fields and removed the thumbnail field in entry table.
- ENH - Combined 'Edit Blog' panel into 'General' settings.
- ENH - Supported ability to moderate comments in the post view.
- ENH - Enhanced tag url with SEO, like http://yourdomain.com/blog/tag/yourtagslug.aspx.
- ENH - Excluded the 'eNews' theme to make the install package smaller size.
- ENH - Converted "Category Widget" into an optional module.
- Lots of other fixes & enhancements.
NOTE: As with any release, we recommend you perform a complete file and database backup before performing any upgrade on a production website and that you first conduct a trial upgrade on a staging version of the site. Following these guidelines will ensure that you are able to recover should any unforeseen problems arise during the upgrade process.
Note that some issues may occur if your original version of SunBlogNuke is lower version, like 3.x, and you've developed your customized theme. Please BACK UP YOUR CHANGES BEFORE PROCEEDING and refer to the tutorial - Must-Read Note for SunBlogNuke v4.x and follow the instructions. Hope it makes sense.
You can get it here. Blog your way and enjoy life. :)
The SunBlogNuke Team