I hope everyone is having a good weekend! Today we are glad that the enhanced & refactored release for ultimate dnn blog module – SunBlogNuke is available for free upgrade. In the building, we totally converted sunblognuke into c#, including the core framework. Also it implemented some requested features, such as optimize tags view to support paging navigation and one click access for comment approval or some other common blog commands, which you can refer to the tutorial (Shortcut to Execute Blog Commands) talked about in detail. As you may know, the import capability with blogML format had been built and now you are able to feel free to export the blog data for backup or transfer into another blog platform if you are not satisfied with the blogging module. That is the vision "Easy on, Easy off" reserved for our products, which ensures that our clients can get their data out of box and they should be able to do with it what they want. With those handy features, you just only enjoy blogging and don't worry about data any more. Meanwhile, we finally integrated the import dnn core blog feature into dashboard, so our clients will not feel frustrated with the import script and no idea how to get started. As usual, the complete details for all of the changes can be found in the Release Notes.
Major Highlights in v4.6.2:
- ENH - Refactored dashboard with fixing unavailable navigation issue.
- ENH - Optimized tags view to support paging and it works as other views, such as category view or author view.
- ENH - Supported the built-in import feature to migrate dnn core blog into SunBlogNuke seamlessly.
- ENH - Supported export blog data with blogML format so that the backup task will be easy and you can feel free to transfer data cross blog platforms.
- ENH - Supported shortcut to execute common blog command without dashboard, such as comment approval & regenerate permalink.
- ENH - Removed comment2Journal feature from core framework and developed it as a new extension - "Comment2Journal", which is optional.
- NEWS - Released new widget module - 'FlowView', which allows to display one specific post or build it as the alternative detail post view.
- FIX- missing tag cloud widget issue.
- FIX- not correctly resolve 'Enter' key in the comment form.
- FIX- Disqus plugin broken.
- Lots of fixes introduced by v4.5.
NOTE: As with any release, we recommend you perform a complete file and database backup before performing any upgrade on a production website and that you first conduct a trial upgrade on a staging version of the site. Following these guidelines will ensure that you are able to recover should any unforeseen problems arise during the upgrade process.
Note that some issues may occur if your original version of SunBlogNuke is lower version, like 3.x, and you've developed your customized theme. Please refer to the tutorial - Must-Read Note for SunBlogNuke v4.x and follow the instructions. Hope it makes sense.
You can get it here. Blog your way and enjoy life. :)
The SunBlogNuke Team