Forums Community

These forums are dedicated to the discussion of our DotNetNuke products, such as Ultimate DNN Blog Module - SunBlogNuke & GalleryPlus.

For the benefit of the community and to keep information here helpful to everyone who visits, please observe the following posting guidelines:

• If you are reporting a bug and strange issue please tell us which version of DNN and SunBlogNuke and share some event logs from "Admin/Event Viewer".
  • Site Moderators have the final word on approving/removing a thread or post or comment.
  • English language posting only, please.
Home/Ultimate DNN Blog Module :: SunBlogNuke/Support Issues/When Creating New Blog, Cannot Define Blog.Home.Page
PreviousNext
New Post
5/30/2017 7:11 AM

Hello, I have been a SunBlog user for a number of years now and the system has served my company's needs well during that time.  I now have 3 blogs running on an intranet site for our company (being an internal system only, it cannot be inspected from the outside for support, unfortunately).

I am using SunBlog Version 5.1.0 on Evoq Content Enterprise Version 07.01.02.

My problem is that, when I attempted to create a fourth blog today, I go to the Admin panel and click to create a new blog, but I am not able to define what the "Blog.Home.Page" value should be, so I get the error "Sorry, the target page has been assigned with a special blog. Please try another one." 

To begin, I created a new page and added the SunBlog module to it, so I would have thought that would make the new page appear as one of the target page choices when making the new blog, but it doesn't appear.  Can someone give me a solution to get around this problem?  Thanks in advance.

New Post
6/5/2017 10:32 AM

Yes, it should appear when you added a new sunblog module into the new page. If not, you can execute sql below in the Host/SQL page:

select M.*, T.TabName,T.TabPath from SunBlog_ModuleOptions M
inner join Tabs T on T.TabID = M.TabID 
where M.[Key] = 'PageBlogs' 
and M.[Value] not in (select cast(BlogID as nvarchar) from SunBlog_Blogs)

to check out whether the new page appear in the records there. If not exist, just check out another sql below:

select M.*, T.TabName,T.TabPath from SunBlog_ModuleOptions M
inner join Tabs T on T.TabID = M.TabID 
where M.[Key] = 'PageBlogs' 
and M.[Value] in (select cast(BlogID as nvarchar) from SunBlog_Blogs)

to check out which page/record matched with the new page. And then just delete it. Yes, you may require some sql skill to complete them. Hope it helps.

Kind regards

Baldwin

Ultimate DNN Blog Module - SunBlogNuke
PreviousNext
Home/Ultimate DNN Blog Module :: SunBlogNuke/Support Issues/When Creating New Blog, Cannot Define Blog.Home.Page
Copyright © 2009-2018 Ultimate DNN Blog Module - SunBlogNuke Powered by SunBlogNuke Corp