Forums Community

These forums are dedicated to the discussion of our DotNetNuke products, such as Ultimate DNN Blog Module - SunBlogNuke & GalleryPlus.

For the benefit of the community and to keep information here helpful to everyone who visits, please observe the following posting guidelines:

• If you are reporting a bug and strange issue please tell us which version of DNN and SunBlogNuke and share some event logs from "Admin/Event Viewer".
  • Site Moderators have the final word on approving/removing a thread or post or comment.
  • English language posting only, please.
Home/Ultimate DNN Blog Module :: SunBlogNuke/Support Issues/Links in DNN 7.x search results incorrect
PreviousNext
New Post
2/11/2014 3:58 PM

Hi Baldwin,

We have an issue with your module where all search results are returning "/default" as the link to the article. See the first news result here: http://stag.eyc.cantarusservices.co.uk/search-results?Search=perspectives

We are using a URL re-write module on the portal but the non SunBlog_View results on the page e.g. those indexed by only the DNN crawler are correct, as are the links on the actual news page. Do you know how the links here are being generated; how does the ISearchable interface work in SunBlogNuke?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

MIKE CUNDALL | CONSULTANT

T: +44 (0)161 813 1304

M: +44 (0)7766 734 849

F: +44 (0)207 657 4254

E: mike.cundall@cantarus.com

New Post
2/11/2014 10:29 PM

We just implemented the ISearchable interface as any core dnn module without any special logic.

Did you applied the latest package v6.2 of SunBlogNuke? You can take a look at another website how it actions - http://www.champaignccw.com/search-re....

And it may be caused by your customized url module and ask us for help. Thanks a lot.

Ultimate DNN Blog Module - SunBlogNuke
New Post
2/18/2014 7:47 PM

Hi Baldwin,

Thanks for your reply. I have upgraded to 6.2 and removed my custom URL provider but the issue is still apparent.

You can see if you go to http://stag.eyc.cantarusservices.co.uk/search-results?Search=perspectives+on+NRF+2014

In the first result with source "SunBlog_View" has an unfriendly URL with just the ID without the friendly part of the address. If you go to this articles you can see the article should have a friendly URL. This is what is causing my custom URL provider to not function as expected.

I think this might be to do with the GUID being set on your ISearchable implementation?

Can you help with this?

New Post
2/19/2014 9:52 PM

It looks strange and we will look into this ISearchable implementation later. Thanks a lot for advice :)

Ultimate DNN Blog Module - SunBlogNuke
New Post
4/4/2014 12:59 AM

Hi Baldwin,

Has there been any progress on this issue, did you manage to reproduce? I would like to update my client if possible.

Thanks,

Mike.

PreviousNext
Home/Ultimate DNN Blog Module :: SunBlogNuke/Support Issues/Links in DNN 7.x search results incorrect
Copyright © 2009-2018 Ultimate DNN Blog Module - SunBlogNuke Powered by SunBlogNuke Corp