Forums Community

These forums are dedicated to the discussion of our DotNetNuke products, such as Ultimate DNN Blog Module - SunBlogNuke & GalleryPlus.

For the benefit of the community and to keep information here helpful to everyone who visits, please observe the following posting guidelines:

• If you are reporting a bug and strange issue please tell us which version of DNN and SunBlogNuke and share some event logs from "Admin/Event Viewer".
  • Site Moderators have the final word on approving/removing a thread or post or comment.
  • English language posting only, please.
Home/Ultimate DNN Blog Module :: SunBlogNuke/Support Issues/Admin Panel Missing Icons
PreviousNext
New Post
2/25/2016 8:05 PM

We have installed SunBlogNuke in our local development environment for our website (running on a local server with DNN 8). When we navigate to our blog page and click the "Admin Panel" link - we see a dashboard with the following icons: Blogs, Settings, New Entry, Entries, Comments, Users, Categories, Tags, Customize, Migration and Exit.

We recently deployed our website to production which is a hosted environment using EVOQ in the Azure cloud. We cannot install our own modules in this environment so DNN support installed the SunBlogNuke module for us. When I attempt to access the Admin Panel in our production environment the dashboard only shows two icons: Blogs and Exit.

(FYI - In both instances (development & production) I'm simply logging in with a DNN host account and I see no special "SunBlogNuke" permissions or roles on either site assigned to this account)

Because I can't access any other icons beyond "Blogs" and "Exit" I have no way to complete the setup and/or manage the blog. Please help us figure out what is going wrong so that we can get these icons back and complete our blog's setup in our production environment.

Thanks for your help on this one!! :)

New Post
2/29/2016 8:06 PM

You may need to click the blogs icon to create a blog instance for your production environment. Or please set up a host account to let us check it out.

Ultimate DNN Blog Module - SunBlogNuke
New Post
3/1/2016 7:39 PM

Baldwin,

We do have a blog already created on our site. Additionally, I've just discovered that we are not able to add new entries on this blog (we get an exception).

I'd like to set you up with a host account so that you can check out what's going wrong. How can I securely deliver this account information to you?

New Post
3/3/2016 4:08 PM

Please send it via email and my email is dnnsun(at)gmail.com. Thanks.

Ultimate DNN Blog Module - SunBlogNuke
PreviousNext
Home/Ultimate DNN Blog Module :: SunBlogNuke/Support Issues/Admin Panel Missing Icons
Copyright © 2009-2018 Ultimate DNN Blog Module - SunBlogNuke Powered by SunBlogNuke Corp