Forums Community

These forums are dedicated to the discussion of our DotNetNuke products, such as Ultimate DNN Blog Module - SunBlogNuke & GalleryPlus.

For the benefit of the community and to keep information here helpful to everyone who visits, please observe the following posting guidelines:

• If you are reporting a bug and strange issue please tell us which version of DNN and SunBlogNuke and share some event logs from "Admin/Event Viewer".
  • Site Moderators have the final word on approving/removing a thread or post or comment.
  • English language posting only, please.
Home/Ultimate DNN Blog Module :: SunBlogNuke/Support Issues/Slow Performance DNN 9 / SBN 8.4
PreviousNext
New Post
8/9/2017 8:01 AM

I'm noticing that performance with SunBlogNuke is not very good in DNN9.  I was first noticing that the blog page is sluggish to load (3-4 seconds per refresh).  I checked other pages and they were speedy, loading in milliseconds, even my forums software.  I looked at the server and I noticed that for each click, w3wp.exe was using 25% total CPU (100% on one core).  I ran a simple load testing where I had 10 simultaneous requests clicking on a new blog page every 5 seconds and it absolutely brought my entire site to a crawl and pegged the CPU.  I ran the same test in forums and other pages and it was fine.  So it seems some SBN module is causing slow performance.  I found I could mitigate the problem by turning on DNN page caching, but that only helps temporarily because once the cache expires, it's another very slow load.  Also it prevents timely refresh of content since it will used a cached page until cache expiration.

Any ideas?

PreviousNext
Home/Ultimate DNN Blog Module :: SunBlogNuke/Support Issues/Slow Performance DNN 9 / SBN 8.4
Copyright © 2009-2018 Ultimate DNN Blog Module - SunBlogNuke Powered by SunBlogNuke Corp